. :Can I be completely honest: .

Friday, January 16, 2015

Lately, my heart has been hurting and aching in ways that I never knew were possible. Similar, I assume, to the way it feels to lose a loved one. Except they haven't passed away, just left your life. 
It's hard.
It's consuming.
And ultimately it sucks.

The other day I was scrolling through Facebook and I saw a picture that someone posted of a verse. I have no idea what version of the Bible this verse is from, and I don't recall ever reading it before. But when I saw it I knew it was a little sign from God.
The verse was Deuteronomy 31:6 which reads,
- Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He won't let you down. He won't leave you.
He won't leave me.
He won't leave me.
He won't leave me.

Those words resonated in my mind all day. And I just repeated it over and over and over again in my head, and out loud too.

Through all this heartbreak and hurt I am unbelievably glad and thankful that I can rest in knowing that God is a constant. When people walk out of your life for seemingly no good reason, God is still there.

I know this post may seem a little pitiful and pathetic but I am not posting it for pity.
I am posting it because I know that I am not the only one out there hurting tonight for one reason or another. Maybe someone left you, maybe you're fighting with a friend, maybe life just isn't going too great right now. Just remember. He won't let you down. And he won't leave you.

Run to Him. His arms are always opened.
-Be blessed.

1 comment :

  1. No words to truly describe how beautifully this encourages me. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs