// be present

Monday, February 16, 2015

Recently I have really been noticing how fast time goes by. How much can change in the span of a day, or a week, or a year. It's real crazy to me.
In thinking about this, I've also been being reminded of how important time is.
We live in a generation where our time is spent on the internet. On our phones, on Facebook and twitter, etc. And there is no problem with that. I'm not pointing any fingers because I waste just as many hours, if not more, on the internet as the next guy.

I've just been thinking. How much do we miss because we are TOO plugged in.
One of my new years resolutions/goals was to unplug a bit from the online world. I want to spend my time with friends and actually enjoy it, and remember it. Just because you didn't post about it didn't mean it didn't happen or wasn't a good time.

I know often times I will be laying in my bed looking at someones awesome pictures from their most recent vacation and feeling like a sack of potatoes because here I am in bed.. doing nothing. But I don't have to be doing nothing!
Get out of bed and off the internet, and go live. Time isn't going to slow down and wait for you to catch up.





I want to challenge myself, and you, to put the phone, tablet, laptop whatever..down and enjoy life! Go live your own life. Don't be so consumed by what everyone else is doing :)


Be Blessed!

And Happy Presidents Day!

6 comments :

  1. I feel the same way... time does fly. It's easier said than done, but let's live in the present moment! Sometimes I miss the days before iPhone's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is good!! I feel much the same, but need reminders daily! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! I agree 100%. It's so sad to look around and see everyone staring at their phones. Great advice, Amy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is true. I definitely know that I'm a bit addicted to technology, but I'm making an effort to unplug and be more present with my family, especially my baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great (necessary) encouragement. I still remember the day that I realized that I could literally waste my whole life by not appreciating any of it, and wishing for more during all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! I try to keep the majority of my internet use to one day a week and then I honestly spend four-five hours on, other than that I limit my check-in's to a couple times a day.
    There are days I get sucked in though and I feel bad about them later.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs