Saturday, February 2, 2019

After some time away and a lot of life changes (all good things, don't worry!) I have *finally* made up my mind about this little blog. To give some context.. and just be honest and open with you all.. I have been at a loss of what to do with this page. Which is why it's been unused and untouched since early December. I have always viewed this blog as nothing more than a creative outlet. But when I found myself comparing and feeling like I wasn't measuring up to other, very successful, and aesthetically pleasing blogs, I fell into a slump. A slump of 'what the heck am I ACTUALLY doing here.' I was saying it was a creative outlet, but I wasn't doing anything creative with it. I was trying to compete with other, better, bloggers. Bloggers who put time and money and a lot of hard work into their blogs. Blogging is not my job. I don't think that it ever will be, no matter how appealing that may look, I never see myself turning this into a business and that truly was never the goal - 

When I was in high school I started a blog where I would write small devotional-type posts. Putting my whole heart into them brought me so much joy, even if it was only my mom reading them. But recently I came to the realization that this blog doesn't bring me much joy. Trying my hardest to come up with content and scouring Pinterest for the top 1,000 blog topics of the year was getting really annoying. And that's not what I wanted this to be. I didn't want this blog to be annoying to me -

So I have decided to go back to basics. To use this blog for what I have always wanted it to be.. a place for me to share my heart. My thoughts on life. Encouragement. A place to be open and to be honest and to connect in whatever way I can with you who are reading this. To be real. To let you know that you are not alone in this or that. Back to basics. Back to what brings my heart JOY

So, to whoever you are out there reading this.. (hi mom).. I hope that you continue to follow along. 

Thanks for reading.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs