New Year, New Everything

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Hello again! It's me, back from my almost full year (unintentional) hiatus. 
I have no real reason why I stepped away from the blog. I think it was a mixture of things, to be honest. Not only did life get busy, but I think that I lost sight of myself a little bit. Meaning that for me, 2019 became a time of really trying to figure out who I am, what I like, what I want to do, who I want to be, etc. This involved me stepping away from the things that once brought me joy to try to figure it all out. But here I am! Back and better than ever. Ready to take on the whole blogging thing again, and this time, I feel really excited about it. 

Over the last year I fell into a routine of waking up, going to work, eating dinner and going to bed. Just to wake up and do it all again the next day. If I can be honest with you all.. I don't love my job, so this routine really drained me of all happiness. 
On New Years Eve I promised myself that I wouldn't deprive myself of happiness in this new year. I don't have to just go to work and come home and sleep and eat. I can do things that make me happy. I can make time for the things that bring me joy. It's essential! 

So here we are - two days in to 2020. A new year. A new decade. 
This year I want to be more intentional about the goals that I'm setting. More realistic about them and about the ways that I plan on achieving them. It can be easy to think up cliche goals that everyones posting on Instagram (come on, you know we all have done it), but I don't want to do that this year. This year it's time to get serious! Time to buckle down and achieve the things I want to achieve.

As I mentioned above, I'm excited for this year.
I plan on being more active on here and sharing more of the things that are on my heart.
I'd love for you come along for the ride! 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs