Post College Encouragement

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

I graduated from college this past December. And since I've graduated, things have been a little strange. And by strange I mean discouraging at times, weird, different. Some of you might be thinking.. 'well duh!' But honestly, it's been one of the most difficult times for me. So if you're where I am, feeling like I am, or are in a season of big change, I hope this encourages you.
I posted something on my personal instagram a few weeks ago about how this time in life is so strange and so hard. It can be hard feeling like you accomplished something so big, just to end up right back where you started. For me, I didn't get a job in my degree field right out of college. I didn't move out of my parents house and into my own place. I didn't move away or anything. And while I am so thankful and blessed to have my parents house to go back to, there's still that little thing inside of me that feels like I am doing something wrong here. I find myself comparing my life to others a lot. Saying, "well look how great they're doing, with their own apartment and great job and great relationship." But the truth that I've come to find is that comparing myself and my situation with someone else's isn't going to change anything. Just because I don't have what someone else has does not mean that I am doing anything wrong. Everyones situation is different. Everyones life is different. Everyones journey is different. 
If you have ever felt the way I do, you know that it can be discouraging, and it's very easy to feel alone in this process and in this time. But I wanted to encourage you today that you are not alone. I definitely am not writing this looking for sympathy or looking for pity or anything. I just feel like surely there is someone out there who is experiencing the same thing. Wherever you are in life right now is where you are supposed to be. It might not be where you want to be, and it might not be the most glamorous or fun place to be... but I encourage you (and myself) to hold tight! Keep working toward what you want and don't give up just because you feel discouraged. And try not to compare yourself or your situation so much to other peoples. Because remember, everyones journey is different! Embrace where you are. And don't give up fighting to be where you want to be.

The best is yet to come!










No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs