Self Care

Friday, February 9, 2018

Welcome to my new and improved blog! I am so excited to get back into blogging, so let's get to it!

I know there are tons of thousands of posts out there in the blogging world about self care, but honestly, self care is something that I think is really important and it's something that has definitely helped me, and maybe it can help you too! 
Graphic created using Canva


What is self care? Self care is pretty self explanatory. It basically is defined as care for oneself that is not medical or professional. Summed up, self care means taking care of yourself. Now I know some of you out there are probably thinking 'I don't have time to do that.' And I totally understand! Self care doesn't look the same for everyone. And it's not supposed to! For some, it could be as simple as reading a new book on your lunch break, or waking up a half hour earlier to give yourself more time to enjoy your coffee and actually cook a nice breakfast. Self care certainly shouldn't be something that stresses you out or makes your day feel rushed or hectic. Self care is all about slowing down and giving yourself a little break. After all, you deserve it! 
 For me, self care is all about making time to do things that I enjoy.
Yoga- Me and yoga have a love hate relationship. I'll get on a really good streak of waking up early in the morning and doing yoga before starting my day. And then other days...... I somehow sleep in until 10am and drag myself out of bed (anyone else?). Regardless, yoga is something that I enjoy doing, and I like the challenge of working towards goals and working towards strengthening my muscles, and stretching the ones that need stretched.
Blogging- Blogging totally falls into my self care category. Sure, it can be stressful at times, but its a way for me to express myself and my creativity. I can almost always walk away from blogging feeling accomplished and like I was productive. And that's a great feeling!!
Photography- Photography is one of my favorite hobbies. I try to exercise this and push myself creatively in this way any and every time i get the chance.
Drinking coffee- Sometimes I like to just sit in silence, away from my laptop, away from my phone, and drink my coffee. It may not seem like self care, but it absolutely is! You are taking time for yourself, away from the social media world, away from emails, just to enjoy some time and some coffee.
Listen to music- Listening to music can really change your mood and the overall pace of your day. If you are in need of something calming to listen to during your slow mornings or your long commute to work, I made a playlist! You can find it on the sidebar.


Why is it important? I'm no professional. Speaking from personal experience I think that self care is important because we all are busy, we all have obligations, but thats even more reason to take some time to sit down and enjoy our coffee.

If you have self care tips or ideas, I would love to hear them!
Thanks for reading!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs