Morning Routine

Friday, February 23, 2018


 A routine can be hard to get into, but once you get a good one going, it can be so beneficial to kickstarting your day. Today I'm going to share with you my morning routine and give you some helpful tips on how to start a morning routine if you don't already have one.
I think that I would categorize myself as both a night owl and a morning person. As strange as that sounds... I love the evening hours and I find that those hours are sometimes my most productive and when i get the most inspiration and motivation. But at the same time, I love waking up early and allowing myself some me time before starting my day. My morning routine isn't strict, because I don't think they should be, only because things change and not everyday is going to look the same! But here's a little glimpse of what I do each morning:
1.) Open the blinds
Whether it's raining or snowing or the sun is shining, I HAVE to open the blinds first thing when I wake up. For as long as I can remember I have been the type of person who craves natural light. It pushes me and motivates me to get up and start my day, as well as helps to wake me up a bit.
2.) Devotions
I like to have my devotional time first thing in the morning because I feel like it sets the tone for the rest of my day. Also, I like doing it in the morning before I look at my phone or get on my laptop because I am most focused then. Even if I am a little sleepy or still waking up, I feel like I have nothing else really on my mind during those quiet morning hours, and I can give my full attention.

3.) Do yoga
Remember when I said I'm not too strict about my morning routine and sometimes it changes? Yeah.. this is the one thing that changes sometimes, haha! Some mornings, honestly, I just don't feel like doing it, or I might not have time. But when I do do it, I don't do anything crazy. Just a short session of some morning stretches that help wake my body up. 
4.) Make coffee
While I was in college I got into the very bad habit of drinking coffee first thing in the morning instead of eating breakfast, because it was a lot quicker than breakfast, and it was just easier. That was one of the hardest bad habits to kick! But I finally did it. So I usually get my coffee brewing while I make breakfast in the morning, and then I'll drink the coffee after. If you're a coffee-first thing-in the-morning-person, I highly recommend trading that first cup in for a glass of water. You'll feel so much better, trust me!
5.) Make a healthy breakfast
Breakfast has come very close to being my favorite meal of the day. When I was younger I was never really into breakfast foods, but as I've gotten older, I love cooking a nice big healthy breakfast. 

I love mornings. And my morning routine makes me eager and excited to start my day!What are some staples in your morning routine?

16 comments :

  1. Some scripture/prayer time and when I can an uninterrupted workout! I love the blinds tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great things to implement into your morning!

      Delete
  2. I also fall into the category of night owl or morning person (but not in the same week!) I think I like the quiet that both of those offer. I'm a huge fan of natural light. I've been trying to drink more water and a friend suggested that I should make that my morning priority. Taking care of my dogs is pretty much the first thing I do in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural light is my favorite! And good for you for making drinking more water a priority!!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely a night owl! Devotionals and coffee definitely help me the most in the morning. I'm trying to get into yoga, because I feel it'd relax me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly why I got into yoga! I have a lot of anxiety most of the time, but I've found that doing yoga helps to balance all that out and clear my head a bit. I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  4. Opening the blinds and coffee are musts for me too! Natural light just wakes me up and gets me ready for the day. Thanks for sharing your morning routine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two things are definite must-haves in the morning!

      Delete
  5. Opening the blinds and then having my devotions is the best part of my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love opening my blinds in the morning. Great way to brighten up your day even on a cold gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I always need some sort of light to wake me up in the morning!

      Delete
  7. I like gentle morning routines like this. I'm not a morning person and these kinds of things are helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Morning routines should be whatever you need them to be, and not something that makes you feel pressured!

      Delete
  8. I have been trying hard to find a morning routine that helps me get out of bed and have a moment for reflection and pause before getting ready for the day. Thanks for sharing your!

    xo, Chelsie @ Hey There, Chelsie

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs