Welcome, June.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015


Summer is finally here and I could not be happier!

That being said, summer is in full swing. My sisters wedding was this past weekend and it was THE most beautiful, loved filled day I have ever lived. Now that the wedding is over, I am finding I have a lot of extra time on my hands! So, I decided to set some goals for myself for this summer.

1.) Exercise! So cliche, and if you know me I'm sure you're laughing at this one.. but really! I am determined to get into a routine of exercising more and being healthy and fit!
2.) Bake/cook more. I absolutely love finding new recipes for gluten free/dairy free things, but rarely do I ever go through with trying them out.
3.) Try new things. Whether it be restaurants or hobbies, I want to explore new and exciting things that I never have before. (First on my list is yoga!)
4.) Get into a devotion routine. Right now I am just starting the She Reads Truth Women in the Word and I am loving it! I would like to get into more of a daily routine of bible studying/reading and prayer :)
5.) Plant. I have taken a new liking to plants and gardening and would love to do it more this summer.
6.) Blog more! I want more of a routine for my blogging, instead of just doing it whenever something cool happens in my life, haha. If any of you have any good prompts or blogging challenges please feel free to share! I am always looking for new things to do :)
7.) Encourage. God has definitely given me a gift of encouragement, and I love it! I have some new things up my sleeve that will be revealed at a later time ;) Stay tuned!!
8.) Spend more time outside. The weather hasn't been the greatest lately and I am starting to feel like a sack of potatoes! I am realizing more and more that being outside, whether it is sunny or not, is still so refreshing and lovely.
9.) Put the phone down. This one is pretty self explanatory.. I don't want to miss the summer because I was caught up in everyone else's.
10.) Grow in my confidence. This seems pretty personal and deep, haha. But I have been learning lately that I shouldn't be trying to change who I am just because of the latest trends and such. It's okay to go to the mall without make up on :)

I am so excited for this summer and all that it has to offer! What are some of your summer goals?!


8 comments :

  1. These are great goals! I'm really hoping to cook more this summer and eat out less as well! And I just launched my blog recently, so I'm hoping to stay active with posting and growing it as well! And I think we can all work on growing in confidence!
    Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the She Reads Truth Women in the Word study too! Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love She Reads Truth! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Great goals, Amy! I am completely with you on all of them, especially putting down the phone, cooking/baking and devotional times. Love your new header!

    www.coffeewithsummer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Summer :) Hope the wedding planning is going great and everything is coming together!!

      Delete
  4. These are great!

    Yoga is so fun, and so relaxing! Definitely try to find a beginner's class - youtube videos are so hard to follow sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs