Coffee Shops in Pittsburgh

Thursday, March 8, 2018

I know that this is not the first "coffee shops in my area!" post that you have seen, and it certainly won't be the last. But I thought it'd be fun to share with you some of my favorites that I've come across in Pittsburgh, and also mention some that I have been wanting to visit! 
Although Pittsburgh is one of the smaller cities, it has so many different parts and little neighborhoods to explore, that it seems pretty big! I feel like the best coffee shops are the ones that are hidden away in those random parts of town. There's just something about sitting in a quant little coffee shop in the city, ya know? Being right in the center of the hustle and bustle but still being able to focus on your things. In college I felt like I was way more productive in a coffee shop. Still not quite sure why that is and maybe you're reading this and thinking 'okay... this girl is a little coffee-shop-crazy'. I promise you I'm not, haha! I just honestly think that there is a certain allure to coffee shops because of the feeling that they give an individual. That being said, here is a list of a few coffee shops in Pittsburgh, PA that I have visited, loved and highly recommend!
Big Dog Coffee is located in the South Side and is such a cute little shop. Every time I've been in there everyone is so friendly and nice! They also have a back patio that's open in the warmer months and it's honestly one of my favorite spots! My drink of choice here is an iced caramel latte. 
Located in Lawrenceville and SouthSide. Pretty much every time I go to Lawrenceville, I'll make a stop at Espresso a mano. I love the atmosphere and obviously... the coffee! I love lattes, if you couldn't tell by my blog name... ;) and that's usually my go to drink where ever I go. My favorite here is probably hazelnut latte.
Commonplace has several different locations throughout Pittsburgh. The first time I visited here I went to their location in Squirrel Hill with a few friends to do some work. They were continuously busy for the (probably) 2 hours that I was there, which to me, shows that they are a very well-liked place! I kid you not when I say that this was the best chai latte I have ever had! Definitely recommend!
This is definitely a hidden gem. Located in the East Liberty area, Adda is a cute little coffee shop that serves both coffee and tea as well as a small food menu. It's a cool little place with excellent coffee. And if you're local, I would definitely check out there website because they hold a lot of events at their shop as well, which I think is super cool!
Allegheny Coffee is probably my favorite coffee shop in Pittsburgh. This one is located in the Strip District. I think what won my heart was their lavender lattes that they have in the summer time. Seriously so yummy! I try to get one as often as I can as they are a seasonal drink. You can also purchase coffee beans from this shop and a variety of teas and flavored syrups. The people there are always friendly and super helpful if you don't know what to order. Definitely highly recommend this one!
Obviously there are so many more coffee shops in Pittsburgh that I haven't yet visited. That being said, I'd like to list a few that are on my list. If you are from Pittsburgh and looking to explore, or if you are planning a trip here soon, I encourage you to look into the local coffee shops and find the ones that you would like to visit! There are seriously so many to choose from, and i don't think any of them will disappoint you! Pittsburgh coffee shops definitely don't disappoint :)


There are so many more, but those ones are at the top of my list right now, and hopefully one day I can say I've tried them all! 
What are some of your favorite coffee shops, either in Pittsburgh, or your area?




6 comments :

  1. AMY I can't wait to visit you in the summer and go get coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding new coffee shops!! Here in San Diego we have so many of them. I've never visited Pittsburgh, but I'll have to keep these in mind for the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding new coffee shops is definitely a fun hobby to have!

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Pittsburgh - bookmarking this for our first trip. I've heard it's such a good city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be a little biased, but I think it's the best! Hopefully you get to visit a few of these great shops on your trip!

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs