Be encouraged

Monday, March 19, 2018

I don't know about you, but this wintery and gloomy weather that has been lingering a little too long is starting to get to me. I am ready to wake up to the sun shining and the birds chirping! If you are from somewhere that has already switched seasons, and is warmer and more sunny, know that I am envious of you! And would greatly appreciate you sending the sun to snowy Pennsylvania. 
I wanted to take some time today to share some encouragement with you. As I mentioned, I'm definitely feeling the winter blues, and maybe you are too! Maybe Monday is meeting you with a busier-than-usual schedule, a crappy cup of coffee, a meeting you're nervous about, a conversation you don't want to have, etc. Life gets busy and sometimes days just tend to get the better of us.
As you go into your Monday I want to encourage you with a few things:
Remember that today is just today. If it's a bad day, don't let that set the tone for the rest of your week. Make a conscious decision to not carry any of todays frustrations and stressors into tomorrow. I know that that's easier said than done, but honestly, if it isn't an issue that needs your immediate resolving, or if it's stressed cause by an irrational thing or an anxious thought.. don't carry that with you all week. I think that it's better to have one bad day than to have a continuously bad week.
Remember that you have people around you who care about you! Having a community of good company to surround yourself with each and everyday is extremely beneficial! It's always good to know you aren't doing life alone. Even if someone can't relate to your exact situation or exact circumstance, chances are they'll still be there to share their encouragement and give needed hugs.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

Be encouraged today, and know that whatever life throws your way, you are strong enough to handle it. Don't let the little things defeat you, don't dwell on what happened yesterday. Today is a clean slate, a new start, and it is whatever you make of it. I hope and pray that you find good in your day. That you find at least one thing to be thankful for, one thing to be grateful for, and one thing to rejoice in. Happy Monday! It's going to be a great day :) 
(Design created using Canva)

8 comments :

  1. Wow!! I needed that verse this am!! Thank you for this encouragement!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have so rarely just seen a post about encouragement, this is SO amazing to hear! Thank you sooo much!

    - Becky / www.roseandbrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This verse spoke to my heart this morning - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written! And I love that scripture, we could all be better with encouraging those around us (and ourselves for that matter!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It's a good reminder every single day!

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs