What's on my wishlist -

Saturday, October 6, 2018

It's FINALLY starting to feel like Fall (even though the forecast says high of 85 today.....)!
Fall has never been too high on my favorites list, but I do really like the clothing and fashion that comes along with the season. Which is what I wanted to share with you today! 


In the spring I purged a lot of my closet. I got rid of stuff that I didn't really care for anymore and stuff that I just don't wear. The main reason that I wanted to do this was so that I could simplify my wardrobe a little bit, and so that I could make room for new pieces. I admire those people you see on Instagram who have capsule wardrobes or who have very small and simplistic closets that are full of pieces they truly love and wear often. While I am still in the process of getting rid of stuff and slowly buying new stuff, I did some searching on Pinterest and found some fall outfit inspiration that I absolutely love! 
(I DO NOT own any of these photos, I found them all on Pinterest!)





 I've been really into high waisted jeans lately. I know they are a trend right now, and almost every 17-20 something year old is rocking them, but I just think they are such a great piece to wear casual and also dress up. I'm also at a strange point in my life where I literally cannot stand a low-rise jean! I always love a good chunky sweater, although they're not always practical to wear indoors once the weather gets cold. That's why I love the idea of layering! 

I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to really embrace my own style. I have always been afraid to wear what I want and what I like because I've always been afraid of other peoples opinions. I know that that may seem silly, but I've always been concerned about what other people think of my true style. At my new job, I am surrounded by people who wear what they want confidently. They have a style true to themselves and they rock it every single day. I am inspired by these confident women that I work with, and I am challenging myself to be more like them. Not dress like them.. but have the same confidence in myself that they have. 

So this is me, publicly stating that I AM challenging myself. This week I am going to push myself to wear what I want. To wear what I feel comfortable and confident in. I don't want to worry so much about what others think of my clothes. What I wear isn't going to change my attitude or my character, and that's what's most important. 

If you find yourself in the same boat as me, I encourage you to join me in the challenge! 


4 comments :

  1. Give me all the chunky sweaters! And yes for wearing what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is already full fledged fall where I live, it is so cold and rainy already! I love your fall picks-I wore high waisted jeans and a chunky knit sweater today actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As happy as I am that the warm weather is finally making its way over to where I live, I am kind of jealous of all those super cute sweaters that are now all over the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comfy sweaters are seriously the best this time of year. They're so warm and cozy! I'd love to find a good pair of high-waisted jeans too. I love high-waisted yoga pants, but I've never found a good pair of jeans I love.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs