Amy gets crafty*

Sunday, June 29, 2014

This summer my mom had me go through all of these clothes that have been in the basement for a while. They were clothes that my sister and I had no interest in anymore and we just never did anything with them. While I was going through them, I came across a few things that I had forgotten about, and a few things that I thought I might be able to re-make into something that I want to wear. I came across this dress that I had only worn one time. It's a black and white checkered dress that went past my knees. I tried it on and it still fit and was cute, but I'm not really into dresses that go past my knees unless it's a maxi dress ;)
SO. I decided I could make it into a cute top! All I did was cut it to a length I was happy with, hemmed it, and added thicker straps using the throw-away pieces from the skirt. My sewing machine is broken, so I had to do all the stitching by hand, which resulted in some pretty shabby stitch work.... but it works for me. And I think my straps might be uneven....... but I'll fix that later :) 
This picture seems to bring out ALL the flaws! Ugh!

:)

So if you're ever getting rid of clothes you no longer wear or clothes that just aren't your style anymore, before you pitch them, try to think of ways you can recreate them :)

5 comments :

  1. Cute!!! :) love that idea! Visiting from peony project site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Super cute Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is genius!! Peplum is so in, and I think I have a few dresses that are too short on me now that I could totally do this with!

    Thanks for such a great tip!

    Becca at http://www.barefootthunder.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this. I can't wait to see what I can make new again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Very impressed by people with creativity and sewing skills :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs