.plant crazy.

Thursday, July 2, 2015



That's right. I've gone plant crazy. More specifically.. succulent crazy. I want to buy every single one that I see and plant them in cute little pots. Anyway.. as I mentioned in a post a while ago, I recently got a book called Rooted in Design. It's all about plants. I blame it for my new found obsession. As I was reading I saw the word propagate a lot and I had no idea what it meant. So naturally, I went on Pinterest. After searching for a while I came to realize that it pretty much means to breed. The next Pinterest post I saw said "How to propagate succulents." I nearly fell out of my chair. I can grow MORE succulents?! Who wouldn't want that? Anyway....

I read the post and it seemed kind of impossible and the women said it takes time, which requires patience. Patience that I do not have when it comes to plants. But I thought, hey why not give it a try. So I took some succulent leaves that had fallen off my precious babes and I did what the article in the post told me to do. To let them sit in a little water for a day, and then let them sit on top of dirt in a shallow dish or plate. Days went by and nothing happened. My mom asked me what it was and I explained it to her only to find out that she had a leaf off another, bigger, succulent that she just left in the bottom of the pot and it was sprouting roots from the broken end! I was so excited and added it in with the others. The bigger one that had already starting sprouting has been doing the best, and I was losing hope for the other little leaves. But today.... I walked out onto the porch.... wait for it.... AND THEY WERE SPROUTING!! I felt the need to tell everyone know. Thus resulting in this post.

I don't have any pictures from the beginning of the process, but here are a few I took today::




If you have ever seen this online and wondered if it worked, it does! And I think everyone should try it. I find such joy in these pretty little plants, and I think others should as well.



1 comment :

  1. YAY! This post filled me with such joy. Haha I am so excited to see how they turn out. Aren't lil' succulent babies the best? I hope to fill my home with them someday soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs